How to choose the perfect baby duvet?
A duvet is one of the main elements of a child's bed. After the birth of a child, it quickly becomes clear that a duvet is almost indispensable. This allows you to wrap your baby around while falling asleep so your little one can calm down. A baby duvet wraps the body much better than stiff duvets, so it feels like being in a mother's tummy. The duvet is also irreplaceable during games, walks, after bathing, driving a car and in many other situations. How to choose the best baby duvet?
Baby’s duvet – what material is the best?
When it comes to fabrics for baby clothes and duvets, cotton is always a great choice. In fact, it is one of the most popular options on the market and has been used for generations.
- One of the main reasons for this is the softness of cotton.
- Research shows that babies have in five times thinner skin than adults, making them much more sensitive to rubbing against rough tissues.This can cause rashes and irritation, which parents should avoid if possible!
- Cotton is a natural fiber and not synthetical, it is soft and gentle on baby's' delicate skin.
- The polycotton duvet has a 50% polyester 50% cotton cover with 100% polyester filling.
- It is very soft, breathable fabrics and filling of the baby bedding duvet and pillow will help your little child sleep better and longer.
- This polycotton duvet will ensure a warm and comfortable night's sleep on a cold winter night.
- The duvet is cost-effective & durable with machine washable and can be tumble dried.
Soft Microfiber duvet
- Microfiber is made from fine strands of polyester and is known for its smooth feel and moisture-wicking properties.
- Microfiber baby duvets may be less breathable than those made from natural fibers and are a better choice for babies who tend to get cold.
- Microfiber is often the least expensive quilt material and one of the most durable.
What is it important considering the quality?
- As better the product as longer it will last. A baby duvet made of high-quality material will definitely retain its properties after repeated washings, which is inevitable.
- It is also important that the product is carefully finished, as the precise seams of the product affect the safety of the child.
- The skin of babies is very delicate and sensitive. Therefore, you should take care of it by proper care and selection of appropriate clothing, bedding and duvets that will not cause allergies or irritation.
- Baby duvets have a big impact on their comfort, so care must be taken to ensure that they are made from fabric that does not contain harmful substances.
- It is best to choose products that have the Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certificate - it guarantees the safety of the fabric even for a short-day baby.
Ideal size of duvet for babies
One of the main questions when choosing a quilt for babies is what size is ideal?
The duvet should be large enough so that the child can be well covered and used for at least a few months. However, it should not be too large so that it cannot be rolled up and carried around when travelling, or that it is difficult to wash frequently. Even if the baby outgrows the duvet in a few months, it must be the perfect size to be used as something else.
Each baby is unique in size. The shape and size of the duvets also depend on the use. Some duvets can be perfectly square or rectangular. In addition, duvets will end up in the wash more often than you want and plan.