Benefits and DO's and DON'Ts of Swaddling Your Baby
When your baby is swaddled, he or she is taken back to the days in the womb, when everything was comfortable, safe and snug.
1. Swaddling mimics mother's touch for longer sleep
2. Swaddled babies experience less anxiety and prevents unnecessary wake-ups due to the startle reflex.
3. Swaddling may reduce the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
4. Swaddling soothes babies with colic. When swaddled, they feel secure and safe just like they felt in the womb.
5. Swaddling in the hands-over-heart position is the preferred sleeping position for babies; in this position they learn to self-soothe and can get back to sleep on their own.
• Do place your baby on his or her back to sleep while swaddled. Sleeping swaddled and on their belly can increase a baby's risk of SIDS.
• Do use a light cotton blanket that is breathable and not liable to cause overheating.
• Don't cover your baby's face. This can lead to overheating or suffocation.
• Don't wrap too tightly. Swaddle too snugly, and your baby could be at risk for overheating, decreased circulation, or over-extension of their hips and knees.
Now that you know the benefits, the DO's and DON'Ts of using a swaddle blanket, make sure to get one for your little one only here at Baby Comfort LTD. UK (Click the picture below)